Official Rules for the Fuel Up Free Sweepstakes 2011
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Fuel Up Free Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the Maryland and Pennsylvania who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Employees of Rutter’s Farm Stores or other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Rutter’s Farm Stores, 2295 Susquehanna Trail, York, PA 17404 (“Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins on Monday, May 23, 2011 and ends on Sunday, August 28, 2011. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
5. How to Enter: You may either enter in a participating Rutter’s Farm Store or by mail.
a. Enter in Stores: During the Entry Period, Sponsor will advertise various Fuel Up Free Featured Items. If you swipe your Rutter’s Registered Rewards Card when you purchase any of the Featured Items, you will automatically receive one (1) entry for each Featured Item you purchased. Or you may mail it to the Sweepstakes address. Mailed in entries must be postmarked by August 27, 2011 and received by September 2, 2011. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
b. Enter by Mail: To enter without a purchase, mail a 3×5 inch postcard with your name, age, address, telephone number, and closest Rutter’s Farm Store in a number ten envelope to “Rutter’s Farm Stores, Fuel Up Free Sweepstakes Entry, 2295 Susquehanna Trail, Suite C, York, PA 17404. Attn: Marketing.” Entries must be postmarked by August 27, 2011 and received by September 2, 2011. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
6. A total of eight (8) potential winners will be selected. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received for the particular drawing.
• Drawings: Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all entries receives as of the following dates:
a. First drawing: June 3rd
b. Second drawing: June 17th
c. Third drawing; July 1st
d. Fourth drawing: July 15th
e. Fifth drawing: July 29th
f. Sixth drawing: August 12th
g. Seventh drawing: August 26th
h. Eight (Final) drawing: September 6th
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners within 3 business days of a drawing. A potential winner must visit 2295 Susquehanna Trail, Suite C, York, PA 17404 to complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within 5 days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
8. Prizes: Eight (8) winners will each receive free gas for one (1) year. The prize will be awarded as a gas card that is redeemable only at Rutter’s Farm Stores. The value of the prize is computed as follows: 52 weeks multiplied by 15 gallons per week multiplied by the average retail price of regular unleaded gasoline at Rutter’s gas stores on the day of the applicable drawing. The approximate retail value of each prize is $2,722.20, but will vary depending on the price of gas on the drawing date. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to who made an entry using a Rutter’s Rewards Card, the entrant will be deemed to be the individual listed on the Rewards Card application. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Pennsylvania.
13. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Rutter’s Farm Stores, Fuel Up Free Sweepstakes Winners List, 2295 Susquehanna Trail, Suite C, York, PA 17404. Attn: Marketing.” Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.