Job Title: Manufacturing Cost / Financial Analyst
Reports To: Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
Has Reporting: N/A
The Manufacturing Cost/Financial Analyst is responsible for cost accounting, financial reporting, analysis, and planning. This position is also expected to make recommendations for improving business decisions and processes to ultimately result in improved sales and profitability.
- Applies principles of cost accounting while conducting studies which provide detailed cost information.
- Responsible for tracking, evaluating, and reporting production activity against company standards, and assure that we are operating according to government regulations.
- Analyze reports and draw conclusions to be communicated to management regarding production efficiencies and yields using operating data.
- Complete Federal & State Milk Reporting
- Preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares supporting documentation and justification.
- Assist in preparation of month, quarter, and year-end results concentrating in the area of trend analysis.
- Develop return on investment (R.O.I.) models for capital expenditures and strategic initiatives.
- Provide management reports based on functional areas of responsibility.
- Identify expense areas, make recommendations for cost reductions.
- Develop and implement solutions for capturing and reporting information.
- Performs additional duties and completes special projects as required.
- Baccalaureate degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Cost Accountant/Analyst.
- Cost Accounting experience is a must preferably using a manufacturing based software system.
- Excellent data mining skills with advanced Microsoft Excel modeling required.
- Strong analytical, planning and organization, decision making and leadership skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Team oriented approach to problem solving and a Self-Starter.
- Dairy Milk and beverage manufacturing background is preferable, but not necessary.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation (May be required to travel to other Rutter’s business locations)
- Read, write, and comprehend English and read computer monitor, print outs, etc.
Rutter’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rutter’s does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.