#SummerofFreedom Sweepstakes Official Rules 2017
RUTTER’S FARM STORES®
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MEMBERSHIP IN RUTTER’S REWARDS/VIP CLUB IS REQUIRED.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Rutter’s Farm Stores, 2295 Susquehanna Trail, Suite C, York, PA 17404 (“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins on Monday, May 1, 2017 and ends on Sunday, September 3, 2017. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
- How to Enter. You may either enter in a participating Rutter’s Farm Store, on Rutter’s Farm Stores Facebook® page, or by postal mail.
- Enter in Stores: During each Entry Period, Sponsor will advertise various “#SummerofFreedom Featured Items.” Swipe your VIP Rutter’s Rewards Card or enter your Rutter’s VIP information when you purchase any of the Featured Items, and you will automatically receive one (1) entry for each Featured Item purchased.
- Enter on Facebook: During the Entry Period you must take the following steps to be entered into the Sweepstakes: (a) login at www.facebook.com; (b) visit the #SummerofFreedom Sweepstakes Facebook® Application (“App”); (c) complete the App, (d) read and agree to the Official Rules, and (e) tap “submit” on the App. Limit one entry per person per day. You may be disqualified if you enter more than one entry per day using multiple Facebook® accounts. Upon completion of these steps, each eligible entry will be entered in the Sweepstakes.
- Enter by Mail: To enter the Sweepstakes without a purchase, mail a 3”x5” index card with your name, age, postal address, email address, telephone number, your Rutter’s Rewards or VIP membership number, the random drawing you choose to be entered into, and the closest Rutter’s Farm Store, in a number ten envelope to “Rutter’s Farm Stores, #SummerofFreedom Sweepstakes Entry, 2295 Susquehanna Trail, Suite C, York, PA 17404, Attn: Marketing.” Entries must be received no later than: (a) May 27, 2017 for Grand Prize I & II, (b) June 24, 2017 for Grand Prize III & IV, and (c) July 29, 2017 for Grand Prize V & VI and (d) September , 2017 for Grand Prize VII & VIII, and entries must be received no later than the day of the drawings for each grand prize listed in Section 7. Additional Prizes (see Section 10) are awarded through the VIP membership program. Entries shall become the property of Sponsor and shall not be acknowledged or returned. Each entry must be an original (no photocopies or other reproductions) and mailed in a separate envelope, bearing sufficient postage. There are no limits to the number of entries by mail you can submit; however there is a limit of one (1) entry card per outer mailing envelope.
- How to Sign‐up for Rutter’s VIP Program: No purchase is required to open a Rutter’s VIP Rewards account or upgrade to the Rutter’s VIP Club. Visit a Rutter’s Farm Store and ask for a Rutter’s Rewards card. Visit http://ruttersrewards.com/ and register your card as a VIP. If you don’t have Internet access, call toll-free 1‐888‐840‐1667, and provide us with your contact information, member number, and security code. We will assist you with registering your card.
- Random Drawings for Grand Prizes: Four (4) grand prizes winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
- Drawings: Sponsor will select two (2) potential grand prize winner in a random drawing of all entries received as of the following dates:
- First Drawing: May 29, 2017, awarding Grand Prizes I & II.
- Second Drawing: June 26, 2017 for Grand Prizes III & IV.
- Third Drawing: July 31, 2017 for Grand Prize V & VI.
- Fourth Drawing: September 3, 2017 for Grand Prize VII & VIII.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners. Sponsor will attempt to notify potential grand prize winners within 10 business days after a drawing. A potential winner is not a winner until he or she visits 2295 Susquehanna Trail, Suite C, York, PA 17404 and completes an IRS Form W‐9, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign these documents within the required time period, or the potential winner’s prize will be forfeited. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify the potential winner and select an alternate potential Winner because of non‐compliance with these Official Rules by the potential Winner.
- Grand Prizes: (a) the Overall Grand Prize winner receives a two (2) year lease for a 2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport, or Dodge Challenger R/T; and (b) four (4) Grand Prize winners will each receive free gas for one (1) year. The approximate retail value of the Overall Grand Prize (2 year Lease) is $8,500 for the 2017 Dodge Challenger RT, $9,000 for the 2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab, and $8,300 for the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport; and each of the four (4) Grand Prizes (Gas for a Year) will be awarded as a gift card that is redeemable only at Rutter’s Farm Stores. The value of each Grand Prize is computed as follows: Fifty-two (52) weeks multiplied by fifteen (15) gallons per week multiplied by the average retail price of regular unleaded gasoline at Rutter’s Farm Stores on the day of the applicable drawing. The approximate retail value of each Grand Prize (Gas for a Year) is Two Thousand Nine Hundred Twenty-five Dollars ($2,925.00), but will vary depending on the price of gas on the drawing date. WINNERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING ANY APPLICABLE INCOME TAXES AND ANY AND ALL OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES NOT LISTED ABOVE. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Additional Prizes: Thousands (1,000’s) of additional prizes, including Free Coffee, Free F’reals, Deer Park 1 liter, Kickstart, Pepsi 1893, Canada Dry 20 ounce, 7-Up 20 ounce, Bai 18 ounce, PowerAde, Red Bull 16 ounce, Rutter’s Pint, Ben & Jerry’s Pint, 24 ounce Hot Beverage, R’Shake, LIFEWTR, Gatorade 28 ounce, Snapple 16 ounce, Body Armor 16 ounce, Coke 20 ounce, Rutter’s Quart, Monster Mutant, Edy’s 48 ounce, f’real, Kunzler Hot Dog, will be awarded throughout the duration of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. The number of additional prizes awarded depends and on the number of participants in the Sweepstakes and how often they purchase Featured Items or visit and submit entries at the #SummerofFreedom Facebook page. The approximate retail value of each prize is the price of that item in Rutter’s Farm Stores the day the prize is awarded, and will vary depending on the prize awarded. Prizes will be made available in the customer’s Rutter’s Rewards loyalty wallet accessible at http://ruttersrewards.com or through the Rutter’s Rewards smartphone app. When a valid email address has been provided, an email will be sent to notify all prizewinners that they’ve won and their prize is available in their loyalty wallet. PRIZES MUST BE REDEEMED IN A RUTTER’S FARM STORE WITHIN 30 DAYS OF RECEIPT OR THEY EXPIRE. The email notifying winners will include instructions on how add prizes to their rewards wallets and how to redeem.
- General Limitations of Liability. Sponsor is not responsible for interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections; for miscommunications; failed telephone or computer transmissions; for jumbled, scrambled or misdirected Entries or transmissions; for phone, electrical, network, computer hardware or software or program malfunctions, failures or difficulties; for other errors, omissions, interruptions, or deletions of any kind, whether human, typographical, mechanical or electronic; or for any damage to any person’s computer related to participating in the Sweepstakes. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for illegible, unintelligible, late, lost, stolen or entries not received; for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; or for any typographical, technical or human errors which may occur in the processing of any entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not liable in the event that any portion of the Sweepstakes is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure event”). Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor will be disqualified and may be subject to prosecution. Any person attempting to enter using multiple identities, any bot, robotic or any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or to interfere with the proper play of this Sweepstakes or to be otherwise behaving in an unsportsmanlike manner as determined by Sponsor will be disqualified from participation in the Sweepstakes. If in the judgment of Sponsor, the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, non‐authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupts the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, discontinue, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes and proceed to select a potential winner in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of a potential winner in a random drawing from among eligible Entries received prior to any such modification, discontinuation, suspension or termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials or these Official Rules.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR APP OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the Winner based on a Rutter’s Reward account, the winning Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Rutter’s VIP Reward account number submitted at time of Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the account profile for that Rutter’s VIP Reward account number on http://ruttersrewards.com/.
- Release and Waiver. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Advanced Marketing Solutions, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage‐due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Commonwealth and Federal courts of York County, Pennsylvania. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Pennsylvania.
- Results. To request a winners list, send a self‐addressed, stamped envelope to “Rutter’s Farm Stores, #SummerofFreedom Sweepstakes Winners List, 2295 Susquehanna Trail, Suite C, York, PA 17404. Attn: Marketing.” Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.