To finish 2016, we provided many of our employees with one thousand dollar checks to give to organizations they felt deserved the donation!
Over 20 checks were given out during the 2016 holiday season to charities and organizations all over the area. These organizations consisted of:
- Central Pennsylvania Food Bank
- Children’s Home of York
- Hospice & Community Care
- Life Path Children’s Ministries
- Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital
- Red Lion Area Community Service
- Salvation Army
- Shiloh American Legion – Veteran’s Foundation
- Springettsbury Township Police
- Veterans’ Helping Hand
- York County SPCA
“There is no better way to end a year than on a strong and giving note. We were all very excited to be able to hand out checks to organizations we chose. This is a great way to get involved in the communities we all live. I am very proud to work for a company that has such a strong community focus and relationship.” said Derek Gaskins, Rutter’s Chief Customer Officer.
Pictured in Photo:
- Photo: 1st Row Left to Right – Veterans’ Helping Hand, Rutter’s Smoke Dehoff donated to York County SPCA, Rutter’s Jere Matthews (left) donated to Red Lion Area Community Service
- 2nd Row Left to Right – Hospice & Community Care, Rutter’s Tim Rutter (left) donated to Springettsbury Township Police, Rutter’s Brian Roadamel (center) donated to Central Pennsylvania Food Bank
- 3rd Row Left to Right – Rutter’s Ryan Krebs and family (back row) donated to Life Path Children’s Ministries, Rutter’s Megan Waltemyer and daughter (center and right) donated to Salvation Army, Rutter’s Brittany Fowler (center) donated to Children’s Home of York, Rutter’s Brian Ferry (left) donated to Shiloh American Legion Post #791 Veteran’s Foundation, Rutter’s Robert Perkins (center) donated to Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, Rutter’s Derek Gaskins (left) donated to Salvation Army.
Rutter’s donated over $235,000 to Central Pennsylvania charities in 2015, elevating our charitable giving total to over $5 million the last twelve years.
“We believe that our donations to community organizations, primarily those focused on improving the lives of local children, have made a significant and positive impact across the central Pennsylvania counties in which we operate our stores,” Derek Gaskins, Rutter’s Chief Customer Officer.
Organizations recently receiving assistance are:
- Make-A-Wish® Greater PA and WV received $25,000 to donation to grant five wishes to children in our community with a life-threatening medical condition.
- The York County Food Bank will use the $25,000 donation for renovations to create increased storage space, and provide nutritional education.
- The American Red Cross has chosen to use their $25,000 donation for the Home Fire Relief program that saves lives, reduces injuries and cuts down on needless losses from home fires in Central Pennsylvania.
- Crispus Attucks Association of York received $50,000 to provide education services, human services, community development and affordable housing to York-area residents in need.
Click here for a full list of charities receiving support from Rutter’s.
Rutter’s Donates $100k to the winners of this years’ new corporate giving program, Vote With Your Dollars and Rutter’s Rewards Schools participants.
Vote With Your Dollars & Rutter’s Rewards Schools enabled customers to utilize technology and the Rutter’s Rewards loyalty program to help select local charities to receive financial support. Make a Wish Foundation, York County Food Bank, and Red Cross each received $25,000 to fund their programs and Rutter’s Rewards Schools participants will be awarded the remaining dollars.
“Rutter’s is excited to support these charities as we are always looking for ways to give back to the communities we serve. By choosing local nonprofit organizations, community members will be able to see the positive outcomes from the donations. We would like to thank our customers for taking the initiative by selecting the charities they wished to support.” said Derek Gaskins, Rutter’s Chief Customer Officer.
Click here for more information on these programs and the enrollment process for 2016.
Our charity for the month of June is the Leg Up Farm.
Leg up Farm is a non-profit therapy center in York County, Pennsylvania for children with special needs.
Stop by any one of our stores and donate your spare change!
Click here for more information on our charitable giving.
During the month’s of April & May our Charity Canister program collected $5283.54 that was donated to Make-A-Wish Greater PA and WV
Thanks to all of our customers for supporting Make-A-Wish!
Click here for more information on our charitable giving.
During the month of January our Charity Canister program collected $4754.45 for THON; Rutter’s contributed an additional $3391.79, bringing the total donation to $8146.24!
Thanks to all who helped support this worthy cause!
Click here for more information about THON.
Click here for more information on Rutter’s charitable giving.
Our recent donation to Wellspan will go towards the purchase of a high-frequency ventilator for the neonatal intensive care unit.
Gwen Ober presented the check for $41,525 to Raymond Rosen, vice president of operations, WellSpan York Hospital.
Click here for a full listing of Rutter’s charitable contributions.
In 2014, Rutter’s donated $580,000 in scholarship money to 21 schools across six Central Pennsylvania counties, bringing our total charitable donations to more than $793,000 for the year.
“Now more than ever, organizations like these rely on financial support from businesses to continue their important work of educating and caring for children. We have a long history here in Central Pennsylvania, and we’re proud that all of our donations stay right here to help children and their families in the communities we serve,” said Rutter’s CEO Scott Hartman.
To see a complete list of all donations, visit rutters.com/charities.
Celebrate this holiday season by giving!
Join the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve & Rutter’s in the Toys for Tots Program.
Drop off a new, unwrapped toy to any of the collection bins located at most Rutter’s locations starting November 23rd.
Your donated toy will go to a needy child right here in our community!
Toys for Tots began in 1947 in California, and spread across the country as a mission of the Marine Corps Reserve in 1948. More than 750 communities support local organizations like the ones in York, Gettysburg, Lancaster and Harrisburg. In 2013, the York campaign distributed more than 25,000 toys to children in York County with the assistance of over 50 partner agencies including Churches, Community Groups and Social Service Programs.