INFORMATION RUTTER’S COLLECTS
Personally Identifiable Information
Rutter’s collects personally identifiable information (“PII”) that you provide to us. PII means information that specifically identifies an individual person, such as name, mailing address, email address, phone number, or account number. It may also include other information about you, such as gender, date of birth, or other demographic information, or about your use of the Website, such as IP address or cookies, if that other information is linked to your personal information.
Like many websites, we may ask you to allow us to use “cookies” to learn information about you and improve your browsing experience on our Site. Cookies contain non-personally identifiable information, such as the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the IP address of the computer you use, your browser software, the date and time you access the Website, Unique Device Identifiers, or Radio Frequency Identification.
HOW RUTTER’S COLLECTS INFORMATION
Rutter’s collects personal information that you provide to us. For example:
- If you fill out a form on the Website or App, we may collect your first and last name, physical address, email address, telephone number, comments, Rutter’s membership number and PIN, or geo-location.
- If you apply for a job with Rutter’s, we may ask you to provide detailed and sensitive personal information required for compliance with our hiring and equal opportunity policies and practices.
Please note, you are not required to provide personal information to Rutter’s in order to use the Website or App. However, failure to provide certain personal information to Rutter’s may limit your ability to use some features or areas of the Website or App.
HOW RUTTER’S USES PERSONAL INFORMATION
Rutter’s and its service providers may use your information to:
- Provide you with access to our products and services;
- Provide customer support;
- Personalize, customize, measure, and improve Rutter’s services, content, and advertising, and otherwise enhance your experience of our services;
- Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce the Terms of Service;
- Analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of our services;
- Generate and review reports and data about Rutter’s user base and service usage patterns;
- Compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- Contact you with information, including promotional, marketing, and advertising information and recommendations, that Rutter’s believes may be of interest to you; or
Rutter’s does not sell PII to third parties. Rutter’s will share your personal information only:
- With your consent;
- When the processing is in our legitimate business interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights;
- To fulfill a legal obligation, including:
- In response to lawful requests or legal process, including in response to law enforcement requirements; or
- As part of a business transaction, sale or transfer, or bankruptcy proceeding;
- For protection of personal or public safety or to prevent illegal activities; or
Rutter’s may also use anonymous, pseudonymous, or aggregated personal information for internal purposes, such as to track the effectiveness of and improve our products, processes, or services. Rutter’s may also share anonymous, pseudonymous, or aggregated personal information with selected third parties.
HOW RUTTER’S PROTECTS AND RETAINS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Rutter’s follows generally accepted standards to protect information submitted by our customers, both during transmission and once it has been received. Specifically, Rutter’s uses firewalls, encryption, and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to its systems. Rutter’s restricts access to PII stored on its systems to employees, contractors, and agents who need the information in order to operate, develop, or improve Rutter’s Website, App, products or services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations. Rutter’s also completes internal reviews of its service providers’ data collection, storage, processing, and security practices.
Please note that despite these measures, the internet is inherently insecure. Rutter’s is unable to guarantee that the security measures implemented by Rutter’s are 100% secure and will not be penetrated or compromised, or that your information will remain secure under all circumstances.
YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request deletion of personal information about you that Rutter’s has collected. To do so using the App, access the main menu and select Edit your Profile > Preferences > Delete Account > Confirm. To do so without using the app, call 1-800-964-5735 and request that your account be disabled.
You can edit the frequency with which you receive email communications from Rutter’s by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email communication you receive from Rutter’s, or by editing email settings within your user account.